Bishop McNamara High School
Swim Team Head Coach
Posted August 10, 2018
Woodlawn High School
Varsity Cheerleading Coach
Posted July 30, 2018
Job Summary :
Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in competitive Cheerleader techniques to prepare them for events or competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
1. Works with cheerleaders during practices and meets.
2. Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages students to participate.
3. Assesses skills and assigns team positions.
4. Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
5. Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
6. Coaches and instructs cheerleaders, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
7. Observes cheerleaders, during events and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
8. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of students at all times.
9. Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
10. Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
11. Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the performance of their student.
12. Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the program.
13. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards cheerleaders, officials, and spectators.
14. Acts as a team representative and promotes the cheerleading by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations.
15. Follows established procedures for supplies and uniforms.
16. Works with the athletic director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
17. Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
18. Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
19. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Other Duties: 1. Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance. 2. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Principal in charge of Athletics or other appropriate administrators.
THARON P. WASHINGTON
WOODLAWN HIGH SCHOOL
1801 WOODLAWN DRIVE
BALTIMORE, MD 21207
410.887.1309 EXT. 276